My Guide Website?
American Museum of Natural History Ticket
New York City: American Museum of Natural History Ticket
- Gain entry into the 45 Museum Halls, Rose Center, and Hayden Planetarium
- Marvel at the world's largest dinosaur fossil collection
- Uncover the mysteries of the cosmos at the planetarium
- Learn about cultures from around the globe through interactive exhibits
- Immerse yourself in the brand new state-of-the-art Gilder Center
DescriptionEnjoy a day of family-friendly activities at the American Museum of Natural History, in New York City. Located just across from Central Park, the museum is home to over 32 million specimens. Benefit from all-day entry and use the option to upgrade your general entry ticket to include special exhibitions. Explore all permanent exhibitions as well as the Rose Center for Earth and Space. Wander around 45 Museum Halls to learn about dinosaurs and diamonds, and everything in-between. The new Richard Gilder Center for Science, Education, and Innovation is an incredible addition to the museum, featuring state-of-the-art exhibits and immersive experiences that are perfect for all ages. You can explore the mysteries of the universe in the planetarium, journey through time in the Hall of Biodiversity, and come face-to-face with some of the world's largest and most incredible creatures in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life. As you wander through the museum, you'll be transported to different worlds and eras, from the depths of the ocean to the vast expanse of space. You can learn about the ancient civilizations of Egypt and Greece, marvel at the stunning gems and minerals in the Morgan Memorial Hall of Gems, and discover the fascinating world of insects in the Butterfly Conservatory. Look out for the iconic Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton and Easter Island head that inspired characters in the film 'Night at the Museum.' Connect to the museum's WiFi and download the free Explorer App to your smartphone. The app offers turn-by-turn navigation, behind-the-scenes stories about exhibits, quizzes, and more. See the exhibition highlights at your own pace with the museum's self-guided tours of popular collections. Special Exhibitions Sharks: Older than dinosaurs — and more threatened than threatening — sharks are spectacular, surprising, and often misunderstood. Dive into the world of this amazingly diverse group of animals in the new exhibition, Sharks. Worlds Beyond Earth: Worlds Beyond Earth tells the story of the surprisingly dynamic nature of the worlds that share our solar system and the unique conditions that make life on Earth possible. Captioning devices are available. Giant-Screen Film Serengeti: Immerse yourself in one of nature's most spectacular events, the annual migration in the Serengeti, on a massive 40-foot-high and 60-foot-high film screen.
IncludesAmerican Museum of Natural History ticket Access to permanent exhibits Rose Center for Earth and Space admission Access to the new Gilder Center Timed entry to 1 special exhibit (if option selected) Free WiFi onsite
- You must reserve a time slot before the day of your visit, follow the link provided on your voucher to reserve your timed entry (availability for special exhibitions may be limited)
- NY, NJ, and CT residents: the amount you pay for General Admission is up to you and includes access to more than 40 permanent exhibition halls, the Rose Center, and the Richard Gilder Center, but does not include ticketed exhibitions, the butterfly vivarium, the giant-screen film, and Hayden Planetarium Space Show.
- Coat check services, drinking fountains, plus the food court and cafes are unavailable at this time. The Planetarium Shop is closed but the main Museum Shop and special exhibition shops are open
- The Museum's Explorer App is available in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese
- Note that general entry only does not include special exhibitions
- There are no lockers available at the museum. Please leave large, bulky items at your hotel