My Guide Website?
New York City: American Museum of Natural History Ticket5491 Reviews
Visit the American Museum of Natural History, the most interactive natural history museum in the world, including the new Gilder Center. Upgrade your entry ticket to include a special exhibition.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- NYC: Edge Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- New York City: Superheroes of NYC Guided Walking Tour
- New York City: Guided Highlights Bus Tour and Ferry Ride
- New York City: USA eSIM Roaming Data Plan
- From NYC: 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour with Shopping Trip
- Gain entry into the 45 Museum Halls, Rose Center, and Hayden Planetarium
- Marvel at the world's largest dinosaur fossil collection
- Uncover the mysteries of the cosmos at the planetarium
- Learn about cultures from around the globe through interactive exhibits
- Immerse yourself in the brand new state-of-the-art Gilder Center
DescriptionEnjoy a day of family-friendly activities at the American Museum of Natural History, in New York City. Located just across from Central Park, the museum is home to over 32 million specimens. Benefit from all-day entry and use the option to upgrade your general entry ticket to include special exhibitions. Explore all permanent exhibitions as well as the Rose Center for Earth and Space. Wander around 45 Museum Halls to learn about dinosaurs and diamonds, and everything in-between. The new Richard Gilder Center for Science, Education, and Innovation is an incredible addition to the museum, featuring state-of-the-art exhibits and immersive experiences that are perfect for all ages. You can explore the mysteries of the universe in the planetarium, journey through time in the Hall of Biodiversity, and come face-to-face with some of the world's largest and most incredible creatures in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life. As you wander through the museum, you'll be transported to different worlds and eras, from the depths of the ocean to the vast expanse of space. You can learn about the ancient civilizations of Egypt and Greece, marvel at the stunning gems and minerals in the Morgan Memorial Hall of Gems, and discover the fascinating world of insects in the Butterfly Conservatory. Look out for the iconic Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton and Easter Island head that inspired characters in the film 'Night at the Museum.' Connect to the museum's WiFi and download the free Explorer App to your smartphone. The app offers turn-by-turn navigation, behind-the-scenes stories about exhibits, quizzes, and more. See the exhibition highlights at your own pace with the museum's self-guided tours of popular collections. Special Exhibitions Davis Family Butterfly Vivarium: Delight in the year-round immersive exhibit and mingle with up to 1,000 free-flying butterflies—and maybe even experience one landing on you! The Secret World of Elephants opens November 13, 2023, and explores the evolution of elephants, their political and cultural significance, and inspiring efforts to overcome threats to survival. Available with General Admission + One ticket type. Giant-Screen Film Blue Whales: Return of the Giants, narrated by actor Andy Serkis, takes viewers on a journey into the world of blue whales, a species rebounding from the brink of extinction on a massive 40-foot-high and 60-foot-high film screen.
IncludesAmerican Museum of Natural History ticket Access to permanent exhibits Rose Center for Earth and Space admission Access to the new Gilder Center Timed entry to 1 special exhibit (included with General Admission +1 tickets only) Wi-Fi onsite
- You must reserve a time slot before the day of your visit, follow the link provided on your voucher to reserve your timed entry (availability for special exhibitions may be limited)
- NY, NJ, and CT residents: the amount you pay for General Admission is up to you and includes access to more than 40 permanent exhibition halls, the Rose Center, and the Richard Gilder Center, but does not include ticketed exhibitions, the butterfly vivarium, the giant-screen film, and Hayden Planetarium Space Show.
- Coat check services are unavailable at this time.
- The Museum's Explorer App is available in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese
- Note that general entry only does not include special exhibitions
- There are no lockers available at the museum. Please leave large, bulky items at your hotel