My Guide Website?
NYC: Broadway Behind The Scenes Walking Tour & Studio Visit42 Reviews
See what a day in the life of a musical theater company member is like with a guided walking tour to Broadway and off-Broadway theaters. Enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at an active rehearsal studio.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a look into the daily workings of a musical theater company
- Experience the energy and excitement of Times Square
- Uncover the backstory of the iconic theaters
- Wander through the off-Broadway venues in the neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen
- Join Certified B Corp and Carbon Neutral Tour
DescriptionJoin a journey through the history of the one-and-only Great White Way and experience the highlights of Broadway with an insightful walking tour through the streets of NYC. Follow your guide to some of the most iconic theaters in the city and visit an active off-Broadway rehearsal studio. Start your tour of Broadway in the heart of New York City, Times Square, where the lights, billboards, and skyscrapers set the scene for your journey. From there, we'll head to Duffy Square, the location of the TKTS Booth, where daily ticket lotteries take place, giving you an insight into the Broadway experience for the general public. As we walk down Broadway, you'll see the historic theaters, where stars are born and shows become hits. We'll visit iconic venues such as the Richard Rodgers Theatre, home of Hamilton, the Majestic Theatre. We'll also pass by the Second Stage Theatre, a company that specializes in developing writer-focused plays, famous for the Tony Award-winning musical ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ and Theatre Row, a hub for emerging theater companies. Next, we'll explore the off-Broadway theaters in the vibrant neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, where shows are developed, rehearsed, and produced before making their public debut. Here, you'll have the opportunity to take a behind-the-scenes tour of a theatre facility and see the process of how a show goes from an idea to being on Broadway. You'll see the costume and set design rooms, learn about the staging process, and even hear people in classes and rehearsals singing and dancing.
IncludesTour guide Rehearsal studio visit
- The tour runs rain or shine. It will only be canceled in the event of unsafe weather conditions Keep in mind the rehearsal studio visit is not wheelchair accessible, as it involves walking up 3 flights of stairs In the event of a site closure, it will be replaced with a similar alternative