My Guide Website?
Wall Street & Lower Manhattan, New York History Walking Tour1 Reviews
Take a captivating journey through the city’s remarkable past in Lower Manhattan and see how the city transformed from a Dutch colony to the global center of finance.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- NYC: Edge Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- New York City: Superheroes of NYC Guided Walking Tour
- New York City: Guided Highlights Bus Tour and Ferry Ride
- New York City: USA eSIM Roaming Data Plan
- From NYC: 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour with Shopping Trip
- Unravel the fabled purchase of Manhattan for $24 in beads.
- See Federal Hall where George Washington became President.
- Visit the oldest tavern in New York, where George Washington had meetings.
- Stroll in the city’s oldest park with its original 1773 fence.
- See the grave of Alexander Hamilton and learn about his fateful deul.
DescriptionTake a captivating walking tour of Lower Manhattan that traces New York's transformation from a Dutch colony to a modern metropolis. Start with the tale of Manhattan's purchase for $24 in beads, then visit the site of a fort that changed hands between the Dutch and the British, and eventually saw the end of the American Revolution. Explore the city's oldest park and see the iconic Charging Bull statue accompanied by the story of the controversial Fearless Girl. At Alexander Hamilton's resting place, relive the dramatic duel with Vice President Aaron Burr that ended first Secretary of the Treasury’s life. Strolling down Wall Street, see The New York Stock Exchange, a symbol of global finance, and Federal Hall, site of the United States' first capitol. Nearby, visit a building concealing $400 billion of gold beneath its foundations. Passing through the city's first paved street, explore the footprints of a 17th-century tavern and the remnants of the old City Hall of New Amsterdam. Conclude with a visit to the oldest tavern in New York, where George Washington bid farewell to his officers after the Revolution. Book now to join us on this enthralling expedition as we unravel the historical heart of New York City and breathe life into its extraordinary past. Duration: 90 minutes Distance: 1.5 miles / 2.5 km Start Times: 11am Tue, 2pm Thu, 5pm Sun Price per person is lower the more guests are booked.
IncludesWalking tour and guide.
- Tour may be cancelled due to inclement weather predicted 24 hours in advance in which case you will receive a full refund.