My Guide Website?
NYC: Traditional Immigrant Foods Guided Walking Tour4 Reviews
Explore America's great melting pot on a guided foodie tour of New York's Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy neighborhoods. Discover the delicious foods brought to the US by immigrants.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- NYC: Edge Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- New York City: Superheroes of NYC Guided Walking Tour
- New York City: Guided Highlights Bus Tour and Ferry Ride
- New York City: USA eSIM Roaming Data Plan
- From NYC: 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour with Shopping Trip
- Discover the various cultures that influenced New York's thriving food scene
- Take a walk in the shoes of the immigrants that came to call this city home
- Visit 3 vibrant neighborhoods and learn about their fascinating history
- Uncover hidden culinary gems with a rich history away from the tourist traps
- Taste delicious local treats including bagels, knishes, and of course, pizza
DescriptionTake a walk in the footsteps of New York City's immigrant population on a foodie walking tour. Join your guide and learn about the rich cultural diversity and history of the Lower East Side. Explore the tenements of the Lower East Side, the bustling streets of Chinatown, and the iconic heart of Little Italy. In each neighborhood, sample signature dishes brought to America by immigrants. Hear tales of Eastern Europeans, Russians, Germans, and Puerto Ricans who came to America in search of opportunity. Learn how recipes from the 'old world', live on in the contemporary dishes served today. Enjoy tastings at some of the city's best-kept secrets and local icons, including Economy Candy, North Dumplings, Yonah Schimmel's Knish Bakery, Nolita Pizza, and more. From historic synagogues to street art and trendy food markets, your knowledgeable guide will tell stories and provide an insider's look at how these foods are made and what they mean to the cultures they represent. Discover interesting architectural flourishes and parks, and listen as your guide discusses the history of the neighborhood and the ethnic groups that influenced the foods you'll be savoring.
IncludesWalking tour Guide Food tastings Water
- The walking tour covers less than a mile, but comfortable shoes are a must Adult beverages and souvenirs can be purchased along the way