My Guide Website?
NYC: The Story of Alexander Hamilton Walking Tour44 Reviews
Walk in the footsteps of Alexander Hamilton, an iconic figure seen in the hit musical Hamilton. Explore NYC's oldest neighborhood with a local guide, discovering the impact that he had on the city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- NYC: Edge Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- New York City: Superheroes of NYC Guided Walking Tour
- New York City: Guided Highlights Bus Tour and Ferry Ride
- New York City: USA eSIM Roaming Data Plan
- From NYC: 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour with Shopping Trip
- Dive into the real story of Alexander Hamilton, the star of the hit TV musical
- Pay your respects at Hamilton’s gravesite located in a historic churchyard
- Discover the origins of the New York Stock Exchange and Wall Street
- Grab a pint at the tavern where Hamilton and Burr broke bread for the last time
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionEmbark on a shared group or private tour to discover the story of Alexander Hamilton, one of the most charismatic and controversial founding fathers. Explore New York City’s oldest neighborhood, the financial district, and learn how Hamilton has his fingerprints on nearly every historic landmark. Begin the adventure at Trinity Church, where Hamilton was buried as a result of one of the darkest days in American political history. Learn how Hamilton arrived in America and quickly became one of the most influential minds of his day, only to be shot dead before his 50th birthday. Stop by Zuccotti Park and uncover how more recent revolutionary movements like Occupy Wall Street trace their roots to Hamilton’s ambitious plans for American prosperity. Learn how Hamilton’s role as America’s first Secretary of the Treasury led to the creation of the New York Stock Exchange. Across the street sits Federal Hall, where Hamilton looked on as George Washington was sworn in as the nation’s first president and where he served in the first cabinet. Then check out the two Wall Street skyscrapers that still stand as reminders of the epic feud between Hamilton and Burr. You will also see one emblazoned with the name of one of the United States' more recent presidents. Stop by Hamilton's graveside at the Trinity Church to pay your respects to this legendary figure. Finally, make your way down the first paved street in New York City to one of the oldest bars in town, where Hamilton himself used to drink with the nation's first president, George Washington. During the tour, discover not only Hamilton’s history in New York but also how he came to epitomize the American Dream, created the modern world you live in today, and inspired many wealthy leaders who continue to shape the city and world.
IncludesGuide Walking tour Trinity Church visit 10 different stops on the route
- This tour is carbon neutral, operated by a B Corp certified company committed to using travel as a force for good. This Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices. Please dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather as much of the tour takes place outside This is a child-friendly tour For the shared tour, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 16 people