My Guide Website?
New York City: The Rubin Museum of Art Admission Ticket7 Reviews
Get an all-access admission ticket to the Rubin Museum of Art. Visit 5 floors of permanent and temporary exhibitions of art spanning 1,500 years, with a special focus on the art and ideas of the Himalayan region.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feel inspired by the museum's collection of Tibetan Buddhist and Himalayan art
- Take in contemporary art inspired by the museum's collection with themes like power, impermanence, and sacredness
- Find a moment of calm in the Tibetan Buddhist Shrine Room
DescriptionTransport yourself to an arts oasis amidst the chaos of New York City at the Rubin Museum. Discover 5 floors of galleries covering art from 1,500 years ago to the present day, anchored by the museum's iconic spiral staircase. Learn about the history and religious cultures of the Himalayas, including the modern regions of Tibet, Nepal, India, and Mongolia. In the galleries, find wrathful Buddhist deities, art designed for meditation, exhibitions of contemporary works inspired by the art and ideas of the Himalayas, and much more. Periodically rotating special exhibitions provide interesting perspectives on Buddhist and Himalayan cultural concepts like impermanence, wishes and offering, and collective power. Download the Museum's free audio guide app, The Rubin, and listen to curators, guides, and other experts highlight select works from current exhibitions.
IncludesAccess to all open galleries, including permanent and temporary exhibitions Downloadable audio guide Free WiFi
- Please check the museum's website for an up-to-date exhibition schedule, program calendar, and closing notices
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 preventative measures, coat-check facilities and the Museum's Cafe Serai are not available at this time. Capacity is also limited throughout the Museum. There may be a short wait to enter the Museum and select spaces
- You can donate to the Rubin Museum of Art's general operating fund at checkout. Art, connection, and compassion matter. Support the Rubin during these extraordinary times with a donation to their general operating fund. Your contribution to the Rubin creates a space for contemplation, learning, community, and art