My Guide Website?
New York City: Central Park Self-Guided Walking Tour7 Reviews
Explore New York City’s most famous park at your own pace. Walk down the tree-lined Mall, visit the Central Park Zoo, see Hollywood’s favorite filming spots, and learn about this iconic urban oasis.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- NYC: Edge Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- New York City: Superheroes of NYC Guided Walking Tour
- New York City: Guided Highlights Bus Tour and Ferry Ride
- New York City: USA eSIM Roaming Data Plan
- From NYC: 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour with Shopping Trip
- Escape the buzz and bustle of the big city in the verdant oasis of Central Park
- Visit and learn about the park’s most famous statues, from Shakespeare to Balto
- Take it easy at Bethesda Terrace, a favorite Hollywood filming location
- Hear how this sprawling park came to be and discover its unexpected history
DescriptionStart by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map. NOTE: This 6-mile-long tour covers the essentials of Central Park in 1 hour. Discover the sights and history of Central Park on a self-guided walking tour via an app on your phone. Enjoy some moments of peace and tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Begin your audio and GPS tour and make your first stop at the famous Central Park Zoo, home to everything from monkeys to pythons to penguins. You’ll also get a chance to see the whimsical Delacourte Clock. Then, continue on to the statue of Balto, and find out why a dog from Alaska has a statue in New York. After that, it’s on to the beautiful tree-lined Mall and Literary Walk. Hear the stories — and the controversies — behind all of the statues of famous literary and historical figures that line the walk. Arrive at the Naumburg Bandshell, where famous speakers, from Martin Luther King to Fidel Castro, have given speeches over the years. Then, step onto Bethesda Terrace, a wonder of Italianate architecture offering stupendous views of the park. It’s also been the filming site for plenty of major hits through the years, from Home Alone 2 to The Avengers. After, follow the route to the Hans Christian Andersen monument honoring the author of children’s classics like “The Little Mermaid.” The tour through the fantastical side of the park continues at the Alice in Wonderland sculpture, burnished to a shine from years of kids clambering all over it. Art lovers will adore the next stop: the Metropolitan Museum of Art. From there, pay a visit to the Jacky Kennedy Reservoir at the park’s heart. Stroll around this picturesque pool and learn to identify iconic buildings in New York’s skyline. Then, stop by the Great Lawn, which has featured superstars like Elton John and Bon Jovi and continues to be a major gathering place for folks looking to enjoy a little natural serenity. Later, see an actual castle and a Shakespearean garden before moving on to the Strawberry Fields memorial commemorating music legend John Lennon. And you can’t come to Central Park without visiting the famous Carousel, so you’ll stop there and hear about its history. Finally, exit the park at Columbus Circle, a major hub of the city not too far from where your tour began. The tour concludes here.
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy a single tour per couple and enjoy the journey together by sharing headphones. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Walking tour: Use one tour per couple and share headphones.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.