My Guide Website?
Dyker Heights Holiday Lights
Experience the magic & exceptional beauty of the holiday season with a guided visit to the legendary Dyker Heights Holiday Lights! Your family will be absolutely WOWED by these Christmas displays!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- 3 Neighborhoods Tour: Soho, Chinatown & Little Italy
- From New York City: Niagara Falls & 1000 Islands 3-Day Tour
- New York City: American Museum of Natural History Ticket
- From New Jersey: City Lights or Skyline Helicopter Tour
- From New York City: Niagara Falls Full-Day Bus Tour
- Be guided to luxury estates with the most dazzling holiday lights & displays
- Learn the origin of the area's tradition, neighborhood history & pop-culture too
- Enjoy the magic of the season without the crowds of Manhattan's holiday lights
DescriptionEach December, a holiday lights phenomenon takes place in the residential neighborhood of Dyker Heights, Brooklyn. Locally referred to as the 'Dyker Heights Lights', the area, spread over approximately 16 blocks, draws thousands of visitors from around the globe to experience them, each December. Many of the area residents spend upwards of $20K to professionally decorate their luxurious estate homes with thousands of dazzling lights and over-the-top holiday displays. Since the 1980's, the neighborhood has become an absolute must-see holiday location. It is bound to be one of your most positively memorable experiences while visiting the Big Apple! Your guided walking tour of the Dyker Heights Holiday Lights is approximately 3-hours in duration and requires approximately 2 miles (3.21 km) of walking, at a leisurely pace. It is important to note that this is a residential neighborhood and therefore, no bathroom is available once the tour begins. You'll be guided to experience the most amazing and stunningly decorated area homes. You'll learn the interesting story behind this neighborhood’s extreme holiday lighting tradition, the origin of the neighborhood's 'Dyker Heights' name, interesting neighborhood stories and its presence in pop-culture, too. This is a great tour for families and for anyone looking to experience the magic of Christmas!
IncludesThis approximately 3-hour, guided walking tour of Dyker Heights Holiday Lights, in Brooklyn, is sure to fill your heart with all the beauty and magic of the Christmas season! Each December, area residents spend $20K+ to professionally decorate their homes with thousands of dazzling lights and over-the-top holiday displays. These legendary holiday decorations referred to as the Dyker Heights Lights, create a feast for the eyes and draw thousands of visitors to the incredibly beautiful spectacle, each December! It's an absolute must-see holiday location and is bound to be one of your most positively memorable experiences while visiting the Big Apple! You'll be guided to experience the most amazing and stunningly decorated area homes. You'll learn the interesting story behind this neighborhood’s extreme holiday lighting tradition, the origin of the neighborhood's 'Dyker Heights' name, interesting neighborhood stories and its presence in pop-culture, too. Great for families!
- -This tour will take place rain, shine or snow. -Suggested: avoid consumption of fluids before tour as there are absolutely no restrooms available once the tour begins. -You must arrive at least 15-20 minutes at the meet-up location to ensure that you have time enough to find a nearby restroom, if needed. If deciding to visit a nearby bathroom, you must return to the meet-up point promptly for the tour's official start time. If you are late, the tour cannot wait for you, and you will miss the tour, without refund. We cannot overstate the importance of arriving early, for this reason. You can use a public bathroom before checking in if you arrive very early, at: TacoBell - 8623 4 Ave (corner of 87 St & 4 Ave) Karam - 8519 4 Ave (between 85 St & 86 St on 4 Av) Wendy's - 420 86 St (between 4 Ave & 5 Av) McDonald's - 430 96 St (between 4 Ave & 5 Av) Note: Restroom use may require you to make a purchase from the business where used. Photos: Bring a fully charged cell phone/camera