My Guide Website?
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Guided Tour3 Reviews
Follow in the footsteps of over 12 million foreigners seeking roads paved with gold in the New World on this Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island 3-hour tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about America's immigration history
- Get as close as you can to the world famous Statue of Liberty
- Enjoy a guided tour with a personal touch
- Hop from one island to another with your local guide
- Discover the list of immigrants names at the Wall of Honor
DescriptionThis 3-hour guided tour runs daily and it includes entrance fees, a professional art historian guide and private and small group tour options. The tour begins at Battery Park, one of the oldest parts of Manhattan. Here you’ll find the country’s first immigration center, Castle Garden Immigration Station, which operated until Ellis Island opened. Take a ferry to visit Liberty Island where the Statue of Liberty keeps an eye on incoming ships. Visit the statue at your own pass. Before, you will learn all about Fort Wood, which now acts as the base for the statue, offered to the US by France in 1886. Hear all about its creator, Bartholdi, as well as contributions by famed architect Gustave Eiffel, of Tower fame. Another ferry will whisk you across the water to Ellis Island. Here, millions of European newcomers wandered the very luggage rooms and registry rooms that you will enter, learning about the medical examines and surprising conditions faced by immigrants. Feel the fear at the separation stairs or the elation at the kissing post where families’ lives changed forever. You’ll end your tour at the Wall of Honor, where you can search for your family’s name among the some 700,000 names commemorating those who entered the United States here. This tour is the ideal way to remember, and celebrate, the immigrants that contributed so much to America’s success.
IncludesProfessional local tour guide (not inside the statue) Entrance fees Boat tickets
- • This small-group tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met) • No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum or boat, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1-hour from the tour starting time. Refunds will not be provided in this event • Please provide a mobile phone number and email you can be reached on during your trip
- This tour runs everyday rain or shine. Dress accordingly
- Tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or wheelchair users. Wheelchair-friendly tours are available upon request only