My Guide Website?
Skip-the-line Met Cloisters & Fifth Avenue Tour by Car
Discover Romanesque, Gothic, and Renaissance art and architecture in NYC on a private tour of the Cloisters of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Extended option: private transfers
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the Met Cloisters with a 5-Star Art History Guide
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets to the world-class Met museum complex
- Admire and learn about medieval architecture and art
- Get a full experience with a guided tour of Met 5th Avenue (5,5-hour option)
- Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off service (3,5 and 5,5-hour )
DescriptionNowhere else in the United States can you find a museum like the Met Cloisters. Discover stunning examples of medieval European architecture, exquisite gardens, and marvelous works of art. Let us show you the innovation, imagination and creativity of the so-called “dark ages.” The 2-hour option includes skip-the-line tickets to Met Cloisters, meaning that you won't have to wait in a long line to the ticket office. The museum is located on top of the hill in Fort Tryon Park with great views of the Hudson River. Your Private Guide will lead the way to the Cloisters, a beautiful building inspired by monasteries, churches, castles, and other medieval European structures. This peaceful setting, enhanced by the presence of carefully selected plants and herbs grown in several gardens, will make you feel a new kind of appreciation for the culture of the past. Marvel at the stunning panel paintings, sculptures, illuminated manuscripts, tapestries, stained glass windows, and other types of objects in the museum's collection of approximately 5000 pieces of artwork. The guide will provide interesting commentary on the pieces and their origins, giving you a better understanding of art history. This experience will stimulate your imagination and evoke a sense of medieval European monastic life. Choose the 3,5-hour tour to make visiting the Cloisters easier with private transfers between the Cloisters and your New York accommodation. The museum is located in the Fort George neighborhood in upper Manhattan. Navigating the NYC’s public transport system can be difficult if you don't know the city well, so we highly recommend using our private cars to avoid getting lost on your way to the meeting point. The 5,5-hour option includes private car transfers and guided tours of both branches of the Metropolitan Museum of Art - Met Cloisters and Met Fifth Avenue, giving you an opportunity to see the entire collection in one day! Of course, we provide skip-the-line tickets to both museums. The 5th Avenue Met branch houses artworks from Europe, America, Africa, Asia, Oceania, Egypt, Islam, Greece and Rome, offering an in-depth perspective on global art history.
IncludesPrivate Tour of Met Cloisters and Met Fifth Avenue 5-Stars Guide with Official NYC License speaking fluently in your chosen language Skip-the-line tickets to the Met Cloisters (all options) Skip-the-line tickets to the Met Fifth Avenue (in 5,5-hour option) Private transfers by car with pickup and drop-off service to your accommodation (in 3,5 and 5,5-hour options)
- Please check your email the day before the tour. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Skip-the-line tickets to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (both the Cloisters and the 5th Avenue branch) are valid for timed admission so you can skip the line at the ticket office. For the best experience, we will limit your group size to 25 guests per guide. We will arrange additional guides for larger groups, so the price will be higher. The 3,5-hour option includes an estimated 1,5-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point & your accommodation. Transfer time will vary depending on the distance and traffic. The 5,5-hour option includes an estimated 1,5-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and your accommodation, as well as transfers between the Met Cloisters and Met 5th Avenue. We will arrangea standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, & in a large van for groups of 5 people & more. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle.