My Guide Website?
NYC: Underground Subway Guided Tour with Local New Yorker22 Reviews
Explore the world’s largest subway system, the beating heart of New York City, with a local guide. Learn about the beginnings of the subway, and see areas that seasoned commuters may not know about.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about the origins of mass transit and construction of the New York subway
- Discover some of the eerie parts of partially abandoned Chambers Street Station
- Get a glimpse of some of the abandoned subway stations that are often not seen
- Uncover a hidden art installation inside the bustling Union Square Station
- Ride through the city as a local and experience hustle and bustle of daily life
DescriptionVenture into the New York subway with a local guide and learn about the history of this famed mass transit system that transports hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. See famed stops, discover lesser-known abandoned stations, and explore the city like a local. Meet your local New Yorker guide in one of the transportation hubs of Lower Manhattan. Have a quick chat about the origins of public transportation in NYC. Hear the story of the very first subway which was built illegally under the cover of night and many other surprising stories. Using the 6 train as your 10-car time machine, ride through and catch a glimpse of abandoned stations that riders unknowingly pass by every day, including the famed City Hall Station. Discover a hidden art installation right inside the bustling Union Square Station. Ride alongside local commuters and get a sense of the busy lives of New Yorkers. The subway tour will end in what was meant to be the 'Grand Central of Downtown.' Admire the stunning Guastavino tiles on the exterior of the subway stop and Municipal Building.
IncludesGuided tour Local guide Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- This tour will take place rain or shine You will need to go up and down several sets of stairs The abandoned subway stations can only be seen from the safety of the subway cars. The trains don't stop inside these stations and accessing them on foot is illegal You will need one MetroCard swipe or OMNY tap to enter the subway