My Guide Website?
NYC: Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Guided Tour1683 Reviews
Get to know the Statue of Liberty, an American icon who once greeted millions of immigrants passing through New York Harbor. Choose a short but sweet introduction or a fully guided, in-depth tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Lower Manhattan Tour: Wall Street & 9/11 Memorial
- From New York City: Boston and the Freedom Trail Day Trip
- New York City: American Museum of Natural History Ticket
- NYC: Niagara Falls, Philadelphia, Washington DC 4-Day Tour
- From New York City: Washington and Philadelphia 1-Day Tour
- Choose the Statue of Liberty tour that best suits you.
- Explore in a group of no more than 25 people.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the skyline and Lady Liberty.
- See incredible artifacts at the Statue of Liberty Museum on 4 hour tour option
- Dive deeper into America's story at Ellis Island on the 4 hour tour option
DescriptionBegin your Statue of Liberty tour at Battery Park, the historical gateway to Liberty Island. If you've chosen the FOUR HOUR TOUR, your guide will share a bit of Manhattan history with you in Battery Park before boarding the ferry with your small group to sail away from Manhattan to greet the Statue of Liberty. Once on Liberty Island, your guide will dive deep into the story of how Lady Liberty came to be. As you tour the island, your guide—an expert in setting the stage, creating the scene, and invoking your imagination—will share the incredible historical facts that fuel your understanding of just how important this monument truly is. Take in beautiful views of the famed New York skyline, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the surrounding environs. Wander through the Statue of Liberty Museum and stand mere feet from Lady Liberty’s original torch! After the Statue of Liberty, board the short ferry to Ellis Island—another mammoth site in the history of the United States. Your guide will set the tone with a brief introduction and provide recommendations on how to get the most from your visit. Then you can explore this special place at your own pace. Knowing how touching Ellis Island can be, we give everyone time to wander the site, enjoy the official audio guide, search the passenger records for family names, or pause for a quick bite to eat at the popular cafeteria. You are also welcome to return on the ferry with your guide. If you choose the 30-MINUTE EXPRESS TOUR tour, your guide will give you a crash course in all things Lady Liberty as they show you around the park and lead you to the ferry. From the essential, must-see sights at the Statue and Ellis Island to practical tips that will ensure a hassle-free visit, you'll be properly equipped with all the knowledge you need for a smooth, insightful outing by the time you part ways from your guide at the ferry.
IncludesPre-reserved ticket to Statue of Liberty Island (exterior access) Pre-reserved ticket to Ellis Island (includes Ellis Island museum) Official audio guide on Ellis Island Local English-speaking guide Expertly guided walking tour
- You will need to pass through airport-style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Prohibited items will be confiscated and not returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on prohibited items
- The tour complies with all local government health regulations
- Upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker for 25 cents, payable only with a quarter
- This tour does not include access to the Statue of Liberty's Crown and Pedestal
- This is a walking tour. While there are stops along the way, guests should be able to walk at a moderate pace without difficulty