My Guide Website?
NYC: St. Patrick's Cathedral Official Self-Guided Audio Tour70 Reviews
Explore St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City at your own pace. Discover the building's impressive architecture and captivating history on a self-guided audio tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore St Patrick's Cathedral at your own pace
- Discover the stories behind the stained glass and towering Western Facade
- Listen to captivating narration by Cardinal Timothy Dolan and special guests
DescriptionExplore St Patrick's Cathedral, the largest decorated gothic-style Catholic cathedral in the United States. Taking up an entire city block, the cathedral first opened in 1879 and is considered one of New York City’s finest buildings. Present your pass at the Cathedral gift shop to gain expedited entry and your multi-lingual audio guide. You can also download the tour onto your own personal device and use your own personal headphones. Once you are inside the cathedral, the experience is self-guided. You can listen to the audio tour and explore the Cathedral at your own pace. The audio tour is narrated by Cardinal Timothy Dolan and is approximately 1 hour long. It is recommended to allow up to 1.5 hours as you may wish to pause the audio tour at times to enjoy features like the Lady Chapel, the towering twin spires, and the 9000 lbs bronze doors which can be opened by a single person. You can also explore the main altar, the stained glass windows and the Pieta sculpture which is 3 times the size of Michelangelo's. The Cathedral has 21 altars and 19 bells, each named after a different saint. Babe Ruth, Andy Warhol and Robert F. Kennedy all had memorial masses here.
IncludesEntry into St Patrick's Cathedral Self-guided audio tour in English, Spanish, French, Italian, or Portuguese (to keep as a digital souvenir) Kids' audio tour in English (to keep as a digital souvenir) Disposable earbuds Keepsake lanyard Local taxes and fees
- All visitors to St Patrick's Cathedral must pass through airport-style security
- Last entry to the cathedral is 1 hour before closing
- St Patrick's Cathedral audio tour is available in English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and French. Kid-friendly self-guided audio tour is in English only
- It is recommended that you bring your own headphones, although disposable headphones can be provided
- Sanitized audio devices are available for use at the cathedral, but you can also download the audio tour onto your own personal device from the App Store or Google Play