My Guide Website?
NYC: Speakeasy Drinks and Prohibition History Tour280 Reviews
Visit New York City's historic bars and speakeasies on a social, fun, and educational walking tour. Learn about the city's Prohibition-era history while trying drinks and soaking up the local culture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk alongside locals while exploring the drinking history of NYC
- Visit 3 historical bars, pubs, and speakeasies while exploring the city
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Gilded Age and Prohibition-era in America
DescriptionTake a tipsy journey through the spirit trails of New York's historic watering holes. Walk with your guide as you retrace the immigrant progress toward the American Dream during the Prohibition Era. You will be guided to the location of one of New York's iconic bars and told the tale of the period’s most notorious gangsters and infamous bootleggers. At your second location, you'll explore the catalysts behind Prohibition and focus on the women of the Gilded Age, and the movement that gave rise to an oil king. To round off our journey together, visit one of New York's most unique cocktail lounges where you will hear stories of the sudden demise of Prohibition.
IncludesSkip-the-line entry to all venues Tour guide
- Guests must be 21 and over
- Participants are required to show a valid photo ID (Passport required for non-U.S. citizens)
- Participants must be able to walk at a moderate pace in classy attire
- Drinks are not included but are available at the bars/pubs visited during the tour. Some purchase is required. Please expect beer pricing from $10-14 and wine/cocktails from $18-25