My Guide Website?
NYC’s Little Italy, Gangs and Crime Private Walking Tour
Experience the suspense and thrill in Little Italy! Discover the dark secrets of New York’s mafia and gangs. See highlights such as Mare Chiaro, ‘Bootleggers Corner’, and old Police Headquarters.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Little Italy with a 5-Star Private Guide
- See sites connected to the most powerful gangs of New York City
- Familiarize yourself with the names of famous mafia members, gangsters and mob
- Learn about the Prohibition era and gang related crimes
- Get tips on the best local restaurants, clubs and bars
DescriptionJoin our exclusive Little Italy Tour to discover the dark secrets of New York City. Explore the neighborhood that was once the playground of all things gang and mob related. Learn about the origins, history and culture of NYC’s mafia! The 2-hour tour covers the highlights of Little Italy, an ethnic neighborhood that attracted mass immigration from Italy during the 1880s. You will see the famous “Little Italy” sign and enter the area full of Italian restaurants, bars and takeaways. Your Private Guide will take you on a journey through the violent history of the Italian Mafia who operated here in the 20th century, inspiring many Hollywood movies. On the Mulberry Street you will see the site where ‘Crazy’ Joey Gallo was shot dead in plain sight, the former Andrea Doria Social Club with links to John Gotti, and the iconic Mare Chiaro bar, which was featured in the Sopranos TV series and movies such as Donny Brasco and The Godfather III. There will be stops at the ‘Bootleggers Corner’, where original gangsters made their fortune selling alcohol illegally during the Prohibition, at the former Police Headquarters and at the Old Police Headquarters Precinct - the “America’s Scotland Yard”. You will also see the Ravenite Social Club, which was a popular mob hangout and acted as the HQ for the Gambino family, and the HQ for the Morello family at the Prince Street. At the site of the Rivington Street Shout-Out you will also learn about the infamous Five Points Gang and their gun battle with 500 police officers at the scenes. The walking tour will end at the attempted assassination site of Joe “The Boss” Masseria.
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of New York City’s Little Italy 5-Star Guide with Official NYC License speaking fluently in your chosen language A special itinerary focused on the places and events related to crime, mafia and mob Lots of information about the neighborhood, its history and famous personalities Tips on the best local restaurants, clubs and bars
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information For the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well.