My Guide Website?
NYC: Intrepid Museum Entry Ticket1735 Reviews
Take an interactive journey through history and innovation as you explore the legendary aircraft carrier "Intrepid", the space shuttle "Enterprise", and the world’s fastest jets.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn the history of fascinating air, space and water craft
- Visit the USS 'Intrepid' aircraft carrier’s flight deck, gallery deck and mess deck
- Marvel at the 'Enterprise', the world’s first space shuttle
- View 28 authentically restored aircraft, including the Lockheed A-12, the world’s fastest military jet and spy plane
- View collections of military memorabilia and machinery at the Intrepid Museum
DescriptionVisitors to the Intrepid Museum can experience a legendary aircraft carrier, the first space shuttle, the world’s fastest jets, and a Cold War-era submarine. Discover a museum that employs history and technology to inspire and advance innovation by developing the next generation of leaders in science, technology, engineering, and math. The Intrepid Museum is dedicated to the exhibition and interpretation of history, science, and service from its home on board the aircraft carrier Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark. The former aircraft carrier USS Intrepid was launched in 1943 and fought in World War II, surviving five kamikaze attacks and one torpedo strike. The ship later served in the Cold War and the Vietnam War. It was decommissioned in 1974, and today is berthed on the Hudson River. You get the chance to visit 4 decks of this great ship: • Hangar Deck: A great place to start your visit and our main indoor exhibit space, the hangar deck takes you through both the hardware and humanity of Intrepid • Flight Deck: Get an up-close look at more than two dozen authentically restored aircraft, look inside the Restoration Tent, and take a walk through history on Intrepid's island and bridges. - Gallery Deck: Located between the flight deck and hangar deck, the gallery deck features the combat information center (CIC), squadron ready room, and marine berthing • Third Deck: Learn about shipboard life in Intrepid's restored galley, enlisted mess, and crew berthing The Space Shuttle Pavilion showcases Enterprise, the prototype NASA orbiter that paved the way for the space shuttle program. Dynamic exhibit zones feature original artifacts, photographs, audio, and films that immerse visitors in the science and history of Enterprise and the space shuttle era.
IncludesMuseum admission with priority access Access to Intrepid Air Craft Carrier Access to Space Shuttle Pavilion the Story of Intrepid' Kamikaze: Day of Darkness, Day of Light' Free WiFi
- GetYourGuide customers skip the ticket purchase line, there may be a short wait for ticket holders of up to 30 minutes before you can enter
- Last entry to the Museum is one hour before closing
- Veterans with a valid ID go free
- Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- There are areas of the museum that are not wheelchair accessible because they require guests to navigate stairs and ladders and there can be long periods of walking and standing
- Allow 2 - 3 hours for your visit to the Museum