My Guide Website?
NYC: Greenwich Village Jazz Crawl10 Reviews
A relaxed walking tour of the Greenwich Village jazz scene in New York. Visit 2 local jazz joints/speakeasies for spectacular live shows; learn the history of jazz; and meet the musicians.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover hidden jazz clubs in The Village
- Learn the history of jazz in New York
- See where Billie Holiday became famous
- Hear live jazz in 2 different clubs
DescriptionDiscover the history and modern day jazz scene in New York on a leisurely walking tour of Greenwich Village. In the company of an expert jazz guide, visit hidden clubs and see great bands performing live - all cover charges are included in the tour price. Move from club to club (2 clubs per night) seeking out the energy for which the Village jazz scene is famous. Your guide will point out older clubs from jazz history, such as the Cafe Society, where Billie Holiday made her downtown debut, as well as other long gone clubs like Sweet Basil's, The Village Gate; and Cafe Bohemia, where Charles Mingus, Art Blakey and Miles Davis once introduced their latest compositions. Sign up for a Tuesday night tour to hear Trad jazz performed in a late night jam session filled with surprise guests. The tour ends smack in the middle of the best jazz scene in New York, where your guide will help you get to the next club on your own, or back to your hotel if you prefer.
IncludesFriendly, knowledgeable, and flexible guide Cover charges to all clubs The chance to perform (if circumstances permit)
- There is no dress code. Dress for comfort as you will be out in the open, as well as in hot or cold clubs. These tours run in all kinds of weather. There will be some walking (up to 10 city blocks at a time) and subway or club staircases may be involved in the tour.
- Photography is encouraged, but only of the musicians, not the other patrons and neighbors. Of course, new friendships arise on this tour and photographs among friends is always okay.
- Please note that this tour can be fitted to your particular interests, so please let your guide know what you like and hope to learn about the Village scene.