My Guide Website?
New York City: Lower East Side Food Tour19 Reviews
Discover the best food in New York with a 3-hour walking tour of the historic Lower East Side neighborhood. Explore the history and culture of the area with an expert local guide while tasting regional specialties at some of the best restaurants around.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Savor mouthwatering food from century old authentic Jewish delis and bakeries
- Visit an old-fashioned candy store serving the neighborhood since 1937
- Discover the funky mix of trendy boutiques, mom-and-pop shops, and cozy cafes
- Explore the Lower East Side's historic tenement buildings and synagogues
DescriptionThe sidewalks of New York offers irresistible New York food options in the cultural hotspot of the Lower East Side. Explore what was once an immigrant and working-class neighborhood rich in ethnic diversity and culture. Learn about the history of the tenement buildings occupied by the poor. The neighborhood is best known for having once been a center of Jewish culture. View historic synagogues as well as 'nosh' on delicacies from the best 'kosher style' delis and bakeries in the city. On this 3-hour tour of the Lower East Side, you will eat your way through the streets, sampling delicacies from New York's premier appetizing shop, ethnic eateries, and 'mom and pop' restaurants. Flavorful food specialties are served from: (subject to change) • Yonah Schimmel’s Knish Bakery - (Est. 1910) • Russ & Daughter’s - NYC’s premier appetizing shop (Est. 1914) • Katz’s Delicatessen - The best delicatessen in New York (Est. 1888) • Kossar's Bialys - The oldest bialy bakery in the United States (Est. 1936) • The Pickle Guys - Pickles made the old-fashioned way. Try a new, half sour or full sour pickle. Pucker up! (Est. 2002) • Doughnut Plant - Unique flavors and a mouthwatering family recipe (Est. 1994) • North Dumpling - Authentic handmade northern Chinese dumplings • Economy Candy - Stocking all types of candy, nuts & dried fruit from floor-to-ceiling. 'Noshers' paradise of the Lower East Side.' (Est. 1937) Behind every great food establishment in this city, there is an equally great story of history, tradition and even innovation. You will discover these amazing histories while tasting what has made these eateries so prized among locals.
IncludesAll food tastings One bottle of water
- Please let us know a couple of days prior to your tour if you (or anyone in your group) has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergy, etc.) when you purchase your tickets, we can usually substitute a food tasting
- Please dress casually and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers