My Guide Website?
New York City: Harlem Jazz Crawl Tour48 Reviews
Discover the world of jazz on an unforgettable night in Harlem. Learn about the history; visit two clubs to enjoy the best of the hidden jazz scene.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hear at least 2 sets of live music covering a range of styles and atmospheres
- Learn about the Harlem jazz scene during an intimate group tour
- Indulge in authentic soul food at the first venue you visit (optional)
- Explore the history of Harlem as you walk through its historic streets
- Get to know New York's music history with the help of a guide
DescriptionJump into the Harlem Jazz world on an unforgettable tour through one of New York's most fascinating neighborhoods. Go sightseeing in Harlem's historic jazz district, and learn the history of the area as you move from one club to the next. Meet in a conveniently located Harlem location near the subway line. Visit two neighborhood joints to indulge in great music so you can understand a variety of styles and atmospheres that exist in Harlem today. Want to have dinner or sample local cuisine? No problem, dinner or appetizers can be arranged at the first club you visit. Drinks are available for purchase at each venue. The best has been saved for last: if you're a musician or singer, you can actually perform at one of the clubs you visit! There's nothing more exciting for the group than to have a talented member of the audience get up on stage and jam with the band.
IncludesFriendly, knowledgeable, and flexible guide service Transportation costs Cover charges to all clubs The chance to perform (if circumstances permit)
- Formal dress is not required. Dress for comfort as we'll be out in all kinds of weather as well as in hot or cold clubs. There will be some walking, up to 10 city blocks at a time, on this tour. Photography is encouraged, but only of the musicians not the other patrons and neighbors. Of course, friendships arise on this tour and photographs among friends are always fine. Please note that this tour can be fitted to suit your particular interests, so please let your guide know what you like and hope to learn about the Harlem scene.