My Guide Website?
Neighbourhood Eats: Brownstone Brooklyn Food Tour87 Reviews
Discover the culinary history of Brooklyn on this whistle-stop tour of the best food stops in this bustling borough. Taste food from the New America, the Middle East, and Italy with a local guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover why Brooklyn is now the center of the NYC food scene
- Visit family-owned food stores to get the lowdown on the culinary scene in Brooklyn
- Stroll down beautiful tree-lined streets on a shared group or private tour
- Explore the many faces of Brooklyn's cuisine, from New American to the Middle East and beyond
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionStroll around the brownstone buildings of Brooklyn on a neighborhood food tour, and discover the delicious mom-and-pop shops and restaurants of New York. Discover first-hand how food is the engine of the local ecosystem. Focused on Smith and Court Streets and the surrounding neighborhoods, the tour uncovers a vibrant mix of locally-owned, artisanal food stores that are unlike almost any other neighborhood in America. You will visit old school haunts and new culinary entrepreneurs to experience traditional flavors and daring dishes. Pop into Italian and Middle Eastern shops that have long been the staple of the neighborhood, and explore the growing scene of cafés and restaurants specializing in New American cuisine. Learn about the neighborhood's rich history and changing character from local business owners and residents. Try artisan cheeses, bread, and Italian pastries. Meet coffee roasters, discover a modern soda fountain, and go to the oldest Middle Eastern bakery in New York City. Finally, visit one of the cutest businesses in the neighborhood, a place with the latest ice cream flavors and where senior citizens can be seen having a good old-fashioned ice cream float. See the restored soda fountain and a mix of old and new worlds coming together. Remember to ask your guide for some local recommendations on other food places to visit locally. You can use the map that is provided as part of this tour to discover more popular foodie hotspots.
IncludesLocal guide 7 food stops and tastings
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- The maximum number of people on this tour will be 12 passengers.