My Guide Website?
Meatpacking District: Chelsea Market and The Highline Tour28 Reviews
Visit the Meatpacking District, now the pinnacle of the New York art, leisure and foodie cultures. Take a tour of Chelsea Market and the Highline.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From New York City: Boston and the Freedom Trail Day Trip
- American Dream: Dreamworks Indoor Water Park Entry Ticket
- From Westchester: New York City Scenic Helicopter Tour
- From Manhattan: 4-Hour Dyker Heights Holiday Lights Bus Tour
- NYC: Museum of Ice Cream Entry Ticket
- Explore the world-famous Chelsea Market
- Visit the Highline, a unique elevated public park
- Learn about the history of New York City’s Meatpacking District
DescriptionStart your 2-hour tour in front of the world famous Chelsea Market. Spend some free time inside the market, sample baked goods and snacks and even do a little shopping. Hear about the infamous Death Avenue before heading up to The Highline, a linear park built on an elevated section of a disused New York Central Railroad spur. Enjoy fantastic views of Chelsea Piers and see where the ill-fated Titanic was meant to dock in 1912. Admire the 18-story luxury boutique Standard Hotel and other local architecture. After visiting The Highline, head into the heart of the Meatpacking District. See the Gansevoort Hotel and walk past several high-fashion flagship stores and some trendy bars.
- There is no need to confirm your reservation with the local operator's office
- Tours operate in most weather conditions, so be sure to dress appropriately
- Tours are subject to favorable weather conditions, and if canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- The Highline access is determined by weather conditions as the park is closed during potentially dangerous conditions
- During the warmer seasons, it is recommended that you bring water or other cold beverages to stay cool
- There is a reasonable amount of walking involved, so be sure to wear appropriate shoes
- There is no guarantee that food vendors will be operating
- As a courtesy, if you are unable to join the tour, please inform the tour operator as soon as possible