My Guide Website?
Louis Armstrong and Jazz Private Walking Tour with Concert
Discover the legacy of acclaimed jazz musician Louis Armstrong in New York City, the Jazz Capital of America. Discover the history of jazz, learn about Armstrong’s personal life and musical career.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- NYC: Edge Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- New York City: Superheroes of NYC Guided Walking Tour
- New York City: Guided Highlights Bus Tour and Ferry Ride
- New York City: USA eSIM Roaming Data Plan
- From NYC: 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour with Shopping Trip
- Explore the history of jazz in NYC with the Music Expert-Guide
- Discover interesting facts and anecdotes about Louis Armstrong
- See famous music venues in Manhattan
- Find out why NYC is known as the Jazz Capital of America
- Get tickets for an evening jazz concert (3-hour option only)
DescriptionNew York is known as the Jazz Capital of America thanks to the legends like the brilliant trumpeter and vocalist Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong. Join us on this exclusive jazz-themed tour to see famous jazz venues and learn about the personal life and career of Armstrong. Travel back to the golden age of jazz! The 2-hour tour will begin in front of Jazz at Lincoln Center, which is one of New York’s hottest jazz venues, known for great acoustics and performances of top jazz musicians. From there you will head to Seventh Avenue to see Carnegie Hall, a legendary music hall where Louis Armstrong performed several times. This is also where in 1912, James Reese Europe and his Clef Club Orchestra presented the monumental Concert of Negro Music. All places visited from the outside. Follow down the avenue to see famous Broadway theatres like the Winter Garden Theatre and the dazzling Times Square. Your Private Guide will take you on a journey through the history of jazz and share interesting facts and anecdotes about Armstrong, including excerpts from his daily life in Queens, the creation of his greatest hits, his friendships with other jazz legends etc. You will see the historic Hudson Theatre, which hosted the 1929 production of Hot Chocolates that Armstrong starred in. The tour will end at the prestigious Birdland Jazz Club. Choose the extended 3-hour option to receive tickets for an evening jazz concert after your walking tour. In many ways, New York City is the centre of the jazz world, providing a platform for the living legends as well as the stars of tomorrow. This option includes tickets for a concert at one of the city’s top jazz venues. Learn about jazz history during the day, and experience an intimate live jazz performance in the evening.
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour about Louis Armstrong and jazz history with concert tickets (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Facts and anecdotes about Louis Armstrong Expert commentary on jazz history Tickets for the evening jazz concert (3-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour in order to receive important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Jazz concert is not included in the 2-hour option. For the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well. The jazz concert included in the 3-hour option is a separate attraction from the tour, so the guide will not accompany you at the venue. Concerts usually start in the evening between 5:30-8 PM. The concert program and venue depends on the size of the group, day, time and availability, but we will always consider your best experience when booking the tickets. You can find the exact time and place of the concert on your concert ticket attached to the email.