My Guide Website?
Jewish History of NYC Private Tour with Transfers
Delve into American Jewish history and heritage on a guided tour of the Jewish Quarter in Manhattan Lower East Side. See historic synagogues and hear the story of Jewish immigrants.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- NYC: Edge Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- New York City: Superheroes of NYC Guided Walking Tour
- New York City: Guided Highlights Bus Tour and Ferry Ride
- New York City: USA eSIM Roaming Data Plan
- From NYC: 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour with Shopping Trip
- Explore the Jewish neighborhood in NYC with the Jewish History Expert-Guide
- Discover the many synagogues and Jewish heritage sites in the Lower East Side
- Learn about the history, culture and traditions of American Jews
- Hear authentic stories of Jewish immigration and escape from the Holocaust
- Private transport with pickup & drop-off at your accommodation (3,5-hour option)
DescriptionThe Lower East Side is known as Manhattan’s Jewish neighborhood, a cultural center for the world’s second largest Jewish population outside Israel. Follow the stories of Jewish immigrants in New York and discover their influence on the greatest city in the world! Experience Jewish history and culture like never before! Choose the 2-hour walking tour to discover important Jewish heritage sites, synagogues, mutual-aid societies, libraries, and stores in New York City. One of them is the Angel Orensanz Cultural Foundation, the first synagogue built in the Lower East Side. You will also pass the Bialystok Synagogue, which has been an active place of worship since 1826. The next stop will be East Broadway street, where you will find the Educational Alliance, which served as a settlement house for Eastern European Jews mass immigrating to NYC at the end of the 19th century. Nearby is also the Forward Building, which housed the office of the Forverts, one of the most widely circulated Jewish papers in the Yiddish-language. The tour will end at the historic, Moorish Revival-style Synagogue-Museum at Eldridge Street. Choose the 3,5-hour option to book a 1,5-hour round-trip transfer with your 2-hour Jewish history tour. This option includes private transfers between your accomodation and the meeting point in Lower East Side. A professional driver will pick you up in a clean, air-conditioned vehicle.
IncludesPrivate Tour of Jewish heritage sites in Lower East Side (itinerary depends on the option selected) Jewish History Expert Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Interesting facts and stories about NYC's Jewish population Tips on the best kosher restaurants, cafes and stores Private transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3,5-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information Please note that private transfers are not included in the 2-hour option. For the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well. The 3,5-hour option includes an estimated 1,5-hour round-trip transfer time between the meeting point and the accommodation address provided when booking. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on the distance from your accommodation in New York City. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 people and more.