My Guide Website?
From NYC: Philadelphia and Washington DC 2-Day Tour177 Reviews
Visit Philadelphia and Washington DC on a 2-day 1-night guided tour from New York. Explore the famous sights in these cities before enjoying an authentic buggy ride in the Amish country.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Elfert Alley on a panoramic tour of Philadelphia
- Visit the famous Liberty Bell, Constitution Square, and Constitution Hall in the historic center of Philadelphia
- See the famous “Rocky Steps”
- See Capitol Hill, the Senate, and the White House in Washington DC
- Visit the Air and Space Museum(Natural History Museum during Air and Space Renovation) and the Lincoln, Washington, Korea, and Vietnam Memorials
DescriptionDay 1: NEW YORK – PHILADELPHIA – WASHINGTON DC Depart New York through New Jersey and Pennsylvania and to the city of brotherly love Philadelphia. Arriving in the historic area of Philadelphia, visit the famous Liberty Bell, one of the symbols of freedom in America, Constitution square, and Congress Hall. Stroll Elfreth’s alley, the oldest continuously inhabited street in America. Continue on a panoramic tour of Philadelphia that includes the financial district, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Historic Philadelphia, and more. Depart Philadelphia and see the famous “Rocky Steps” and then continue east to Lancaster county home of the Amish people. Enjoy an authentic Amish Buggy ride through the Amish farm country. Learn how Amish culture survived centuries without the benefits of technology, to this day their towns survive without the central power and sewage systems, that modern civilization take for granted. Learn how the Amish adapted, incorporating technology to create farms that are self-sufficient and make use of renewable sources of energy. After the ride, visit the marketplace where you can shop for handmade arts crafts and products. In the late afternoon, depart east for an evening arrival in Washington DC. Day 2: WASHINGTON DC – NEW YORK Start the day with a visit of Thomas Jefferson Memorial, by the Tidal Basin, surrounded by famous Japanese cherry blossom trees. Visit the Arlington National Cemetery, the Changing of the Guard, and the Kennedy family gravesite. The next stop is Capitol Hill. See the US Capitol and the White House to understand the core of the US government. Continue to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History (while Air and Space Museum is closed due to renovations) before visiting the Lincoln, Korea, and Vietnam Memorials. In the late afternoon, depart north for an evening arrival in New York.
IncludesAll entry fees 1-night hotel stay in Washington DC Breakfast Hotel taxes Round-trip transportation Sightseeing tour of Philadelphia and Washington DC Live guide Amish buggy ride
- The Air and Space Museum is temporarily closed for renovation work. During this time, the tour will visit the Natural History Museum instead
- Free Wi-Fi is provided on all buses (not vans)