My Guide Website?
Central Park: Highlights Running Tour12 Reviews
A 4.5 mile run through the winding paths of Central Park! We make brief stops along the way to explore the Park's most interesting landmarks and exciting history. No hotel treadmill can compare!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From New York City: Boston and the Freedom Trail Day Trip
- American Dream: Dreamworks Indoor Water Park Entry Ticket
- From Westchester: New York City Scenic Helicopter Tour
- From Manhattan: 4-Hour Dyker Heights Holiday Lights Bus Tour
- NYC: Museum of Ice Cream Entry Ticket
- Experience running the way real New Yorkers do
- See the most iconic sights in Central Park
- Visit the John Lennon memorial in Strawberry Fields, and the Great Lawn, as well as the Bethesda Fountain and many more
- Enjoy the most breathtaking views in all of New York City
DescriptionEnjoy an exhilarating 'sight-running' tour through the world's most famous urban Park! After a few warm-up stretches you will be led away from the hustle and bustle of the City streets and enter into the beautiful oasis in the heart of the Big Apple. During your 4.5 mile run, learn how Central Park came to be and hear the details of it's amazing history. The tour course will bring you to various locations with amazing views of the surrounding skyline, where you can view the contrast between city architecture and the naturalistic escape that New Yorkers consider their own back yard. The run is led by locally-based guides who will take you through the course at a relaxed pace. You won't beat any personal best times as you make stops along the way to learn about the various monuments and statues that populate the Park. This tour is perfect for travelers who want to stay active while away from home and want to enjoy a superior experience to running on a treadmill for their exercise. It is often said that, 'You can run on a treadmill anywhere in the world, but you can only run in Central Park when you're in New York City!' This is one of the best things to do in Central Park a run you'll never forget!
IncludesFully guided one hour long running tour
- This is a running tour! Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for exercise and running shoes
- Minimum age requirement of 14 years. Exceptions will be made if you have a child who is a very strong and experienced runner who is capable of running a 5K with no struggle. Please contact the tour operator regarding younger participants at least 24 hours in advance of your chosen tour
- Bring as little as possible! There is no bag drop or lockers. You will be required to carry your own things and you don't want to be weighed down
- Wear Sunscreen
- The tour operator will take pictures along the way but many like to take their own as well