My Guide Website?
American Colonial History in New York Private Walking Tour
Follow in the footsteps of the U.S. Founding Fathers in Downtown NYC and learn the American colonial history. See historic sites such as the Trinity Church and the City Hall.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Lower Manhattan with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Immerse yourself in the colonial history of the United States of America
- Visit the graves of Alexander Hamilton at the Trinity Church’s cemetery
- Take a tour of the Federal Hall and learn about the American Revolution(3 & 4 H)
- Discover the treasures of the National Museum of the American Indian (4-H)
DescriptionTravel back in time to the the early days of the United States of America on a colonial history-themed tour of Lower Manhattan. See New York through the eyes of Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and other Founding Fathers. Immerse yourself in essential American history with an Expert Guide! Choose the 2-hour option for a walking of Downtown. You will meet your Private Guide next to Benjamin Franklin’s Statue, a great starting point to learn about the 18th century New York. The story will focus on the American Revolutionary War, the first independent government, the development of classical liberalism and republican principles, and other important events and people that shaped the history of the U.S. You will see the 19th century New York City Hall and stroll along Wall Street where the American financial system was born. Learn about the purpose of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the Federal Hall and the New York Stock Exchange. Visit the old cemetery of Trinity Church to find graves of Alexander Hamilton and many other early Americans. The route will continue past the former US Custom House to one of the oldest streets in NYC, Stone Street, and end at the historic Fraunces Tavern with a George Washington link. Choose the 3-hour option to visit the Federal Hall National Monument on your colonial history-themed tour. This historic 1703 building served as New York’s first City Hall and is the site where the colonial Stamp Act Congress met to draft its message to King George III. Learn about their protest against “taxation without representation” and the American Revolution. The exhibit also covers the history of the nation's first central government under the Articles of Confederation. Choose the 4-hour option to also visit the National Museum of American Indian, which is housed in the former Alexander Hamilton’s US Custom House. Discover over 12,000 years of American Indian history with a collection of Native American art, artifacts and instruments. Learn about the first interactions between Europeans and native people and see how the native culture has impacted American life over the centuries. It will be a great history lesson for all the history buffs!
IncludesAmerican Colonial History-themed Private Walking Tour in Downtown New York (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Free entry to the Trinity Church Cemetery (all options) Free entry to the Federal Hall National Monument (3 and 4-hour options only) Free entry to the National Museum of American Indian (4-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the option selected. Admissions to the Federal Hall National Monument and National Museum of American Indian are not included in the 2-hour tour. There are mandatory security checks at most NYC attractions. Guided tours inside the churches during masses and scheduled events are limited. If entry is not possible, the guide will provide all information outside. For the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well.