My Guide Website?
9/11 Ground Zero Walking Tour
Explore the site of one of the most important historic events in our lifetime and learn how the attacks on 9/11 have shaped who we are as a city, nation, and world.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New York City:If youʻre booking your trip to New York City last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- NYC: Edge Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- New York City: Superheroes of NYC Guided Walking Tour
- New York City: Guided Highlights Bus Tour and Ferry Ride
- New York City: USA eSIM Roaming Data Plan
- From NYC: 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour with Shopping Trip
- Experience tales of tragedy, heroism, and hope from your expert local guide
- Learn about the 9/11 story at the site of the former World Trade Center
- See where the Twin Towers once stood as you discover the Memorial Plaza
- Marvel at the 9/11 Memorial pools and honor those killed in the attacks
- Witness one of the tallest buildings in the world, The One World Trade Center
DescriptionThe events of 9/11 have shaped who we are as a city, nation, and world. Come with us as we bring you into the story of the day, the tragic loss, the effort to move forward, and the resilience that has propelled the revitalization and rebirth. Upon meeting your guide inside City Hall Park, you will be brought into the story of 9/11. With sensitive care, the events of the day are explored as you walk in the footsteps of the heroes, survivors, and victims of the day. From the park, you will make your way to the memorial. Along the route, you will see Saint Paul’s Chapel, the oldest continuous-use building in the city dating back to 1766, and the site that served as a safe place on the day and the weeks and months after as teams of people worked to clear the wreckage. Your guide will also bring you to the Oculus, the new World Trade Center, and other sites along the way. You will then enter the official memorial and experience Reflecting Absence by Michael Arad. This includes the now iconic pools in the footprints of where the towers once stood. Your guide will share with you all the unique features and details to be found throughout the memorial, such as the plaques, FDNY Memorial Wall, Liberty Park where the sculpture known as The Sphere resides, the newer addition of The Glade, and finally the Survivor Tree. We will deepen your experience of this memorial and Ground Zero by sharing the details you could easily miss on your own. The story of this day and what came after is about and for all of us. Sharing it together is how we can come to understand, grieve, honor, and ultimately find peace in loss and survival.
IncludesLocal guide Narrated walking tour Guided visit to the 9/11 Memorial and Ground Zero
- This tour will take place rain or shine.